India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to meet Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte to discuss business on the sideline of the 25th India-ASEAN Summit. It will be the first visit by an Indian PM to Manila in 36 years. Economy, counterterrorism and defence are high on the agenda of the meeting. Collaboration between the Philippines and India in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector has grown exponentially in the past few years. Several Indian IT companies have already set up BPO operations in the Philippines, with Indian investments in the country estimated at more than USD650m.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information