Outsourcing firm Firstsource Solutions has trimmed the number of its employees across its onshore and offshore centers in the US, UK, the Philippines, and India. In India alone, the Sanjiv Goenka-owned outsourcing firm has seen more than 40% cut in its number of employees, partly due to the closure of its businesses in the country. In July, it sold its Indian domestic business to Vertex Customer Management India. In a statement, the company said sale of domestic business would now lead to improvement in margins going forward. Across its onshore and offshore centres, which include the Philippines, headcount is down by 5,819 people to 19,194.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information