Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte is encouraging business process outsourcing (BPO) companies to further expand and add more centers in the country. Duterte said he is pushing for more BPO businesses in the country, in response to questions from some executives of the BPO sector and other industries. Craig Reines, Chief Operating Officer of Sitel, expressed concern that certain changes in the economic landscape in terms of investment incentives may be disadvantageous to the BPO sector. Duterte, however, assured business leaders that there will be changes for the better. He even urged BPO firms to establish BPO centres in his hometown Davao.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information