Communications Secretary Martin Andanar has urged the business process outsourcing sector to avoid speculation on the statement of US president-elect Donald Trump about the future of outsourcing. Andanar said the statements of Trump related to outsourcing are not a policy set in stone. He said the industry cannot speculate on the future of American BPOs in the Philippines until President-elect Trump takes his oath of office and spells out his policies. Andanar recalled how incumbent US President Barack Obama also gave a similar appeal to BPOs, but the appeal was not supported by outsourcing companies. He added that American BPOs continue to stay in the Philippines because it is more viable to do business here than back in the US.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information