President Rodrigo Duterte has restated his stance against endo (end of contract) and agreed to certify as urgent a bill seeking job tenure for workers. The president also directed Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III to amend a department order that will end all forms of contractualization. Duterte reiterated his administration’s policy against contractualization when he met with representatives of various labor groups in Malacañang. The president is also inclined to certify as urgent House Bill 444, a measure that aims to secure regular jobs by amending certain provisions of the Labor Code of the Philippines that allowed subcontracting or outsourcing labor through third party agencies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information