Consulting and research firm Everest Group has predicted a slowdown in the global outsourcing growth rate over the next one to three years. The company said global outsourcing growth could fall as low as 1.9% by late 2019 from 3% by the end of 2016. Everest attributes the forecast growth decline to macro uncertainties, technological disruptions, and stiffer competition. The global services industry experienced continued growth in 2016, but the pace of revenue growth slowed from 4.5% in Q1 to below 3% at the end of 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information