To tap the growing international market for home-based business process outsourcing, Peter Lundgreen, founding chief executive officer of Lundgreen’s Capital, has called on President Rodrigo Duterte to include wider internet coverage in his PHP8-trillion infrastructure projects. Lundgreen, who manages USD1 billion in funds, cited that Filipino people are well-educated and better in English than their peers in the ASEAN (Southeast Asian) market, which is why the country has competitive advantage by investing in more and better IT infrastructure. He added that wider internet coverage could propel work-from-home opportunities for those in the rural areas. However, Lundgreen pointed out that “public debt could spiral off” with the President’s ambitious infrastructure upgrade.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information