Online learning, or e-learning is only taking a fraction of the USD20bn business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines, and has the opportunity for rapid growth as it becomes an emerging business sector in the industry, according to James Donovan, CEO of BPO firm ADEC Innovations, in an interview with ABS-CBN. Donovan stressed that there is a need for e-learning services to become a standalone business to be offered to the world after being part of the BPO sector for the last decade. He added that e-learning helps businesses dispense information more quickly, cost-efficiently, and consistently. The Philippines, he said, needs to further position e-learning as another service that it can offer to the global market. An e-learning summit in the Philippines is set on 16-18 February.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information