Aegis Global Chief Executive Officer Sandip Sen said in an interview with The Hindu Business Line that the Philippines as an outsourcing destination is getting a little saturated. Sen made the pronouncement as he announced plans for Aegis, the business process outsourcing (BPO) arm of Essar Group, to set up its third center in Malaysia. When asked why Aegis is expanding in Malaysia and not in the Philippines. Sen said clients across Asia needed another location. Aegis’ investment is about USD4-5m in Malaysia, which it considers as alternative destination to the Philippines. Aegis had exited the Philippines by selling its operations to Telepresence. Sen, however, said the BPO company would still look at venturing into the Philippines again at an appropriate time. He added that the country is still a large market.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information