Stopping the entire system of contractualization or outsourcing, also known as ‘endo’ (end of contract) could turn off foreign investors looking at setting up businesses in the Philippines. In fact, a number of local companies with foreign investors have held back with their expansion and investment plans in the Philippines because of the new government policy. Josephus Jimenez, former Labor undersecretary, urged the government not to abolish contractualization but to just put in sensible restrictions. Without outsourcing, all the investors will go to other ASEAN locations such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos and Brunei Darussalam, he said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information