IT consulting and outsourcing giant Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) said its net income for the quarter ended 30 September rose 6.2% year-on-year to USD984m. Growth in fiscal Q2 was led by Life Science and Healthcare, which grew at 4.7% sequentially in constant currency followed by Energy & Utilities, Manufacturing, Travel & Hospitality and Communication and Media. Revenue was up 5.2% year-on-year to USD4,374m, with digital revenues up 16.1%. Geographically, Europe saw strong growth at 3.7% and Asia Pacific at 3.5% while North America grew 1.4%. The United Kingdom was flat. India declined by 7.6% sequentially, and Latin America also continued to show volatility. TCS, which has a contact center in the Philippines, has 371,519 employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information