Global consultancy giant Ernst & Young (EY) is planning to outsource hundreds of IT jobs to India in its latest wave of outsourcing. The fresh wave of outsourcing could slash its UK IT team from 600 to less than 100. Reports said EY has decided to work with India-based Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) to deliver its application support. According to one insider, almost all the roles in the 300-strong in-house app support and developer team have been earmarked for offshoring. The team spans EMEA and the US, and works with IBM, SAP, and Microsoft to deliver tax, audit, and fraud investigation tools for EY globally.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information