The Philippines reported the strongest online hiring growth across three markets, at 20% year-on-year, data from the latest Monster Employment Index (MEI) by Monster.com revealed. The country’s young workforce is key and will play a pivotal role in boosting the economy, with local demand for workers in call centers and the business process outsourcing remaining high. Sanjay Modi, managing director of Monster.com – APAC and Middle East, said the Philippines is likely to continue being a growth leader in this region. Modi added that the strong domestic demand, regional trade recovery, and a labor-intensive economy have kept the country’s labor market upbeat.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information