Philippine senator Sonny Angara has urged the government to fast-track the improvement of Internet connectivity in the country to help create more high-value online jobs in rural areas. Angara stressed that better Internet connectivity in the country’s far-flung regions would help the government improve its Rural Impact Sourcing Program, which aims to target unemployment in rural Philippines through better access to Internet-based jobs in disadvantaged communities. He pointed out that although the business process management industry continues to thrive as one of the country’s top career providers, there is still a gap in this area that needs to be addressed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information