The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) announced giving incentives to companies and employers whose workforce is comprised of at least 10% of persons with disabilities (PWDs). Currently the law mandates at least 1% of company’s workforce be made up of PWDs. According to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III, the incentives will come in the form of a moratorium on inspections for compliance with labor laws. However, the labor secretary said the moratorium will be lifted if a complaint is filed against a company or employer. Last week at Quezon City Hall, business process outsourcing companies joined a jobs fair for PWDs. According to the DOLE over 1,000 jobs were offered in different sectors, including BPO, manpower and security services, sales, hotel, health and wellness, electronics, memorial services, and media.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information