Southwestern University (SWU) PHINMA’s Team Rapid emerged as the winner in the Mobile App Venture Challenge. For winning first place in the leisure, gaming and education category, the team received PHP150,000 in cash and an all-expenses paid trip to the Innovation Hub in Manila. Financial technology, leisure and gaming products, and open class, were the categories in the contest organized by the Cebu IT-BPM Organization. The team, composed of fourth-year BS Information Technology students, submitted a mobile app called ‘Tutoro’, a tutoring service which connects students with tutors. The app allows users to choose tutors specific to their needs. Tutoro beat 70 other entries from various schools in the region. The competition, which was open to all IT college students, was aimed at developing the students’ ability to develop innovative applications and business models that could have a positive impact on the local economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information