American telephone company Frontier Communications Corporation has put some of the blame for the troubles of its FiOS takeover on a call center in the Philippines. Frontier acquired FiOS customers from Verizon, but faced technical and customer-service-related issues. In an interview with the Tampa Bay Times, Frontier spokesman Bob Elek said the transition troubles were due largely to an offshore call center in the Philippines, which he said caused a great of trouble. Elek did not name the call center company but acknowledged that partnering with the center was not the right decision. Following the snafus, Frontier immediately decided to reestablish a 100% US-based workforce.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information