Private equity (PE) funds are exploring opportunities in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, putting the Philippines on their radar screen. This was revealed by senior PE fund executives during the 2nd Annual Private Equity & Venture Forum Philippines 2016 in Makati. Among the PE funds interested in the country’s BPO sector are Navegar, a Philippine-focused fund that seeks companies that can absorb larger amounts of capital. Navegar is invested in the BPO, food and beverage, and health care sectors. According to Florian Marquis, senior vice-president at Swiss private investment firm Partners Group, there is a lot of capital hunting for attractive transactions. Smart PE money will find its way to the Philippines, which is expected to outperform other regional markets.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information