With the growing popularity of automation and artificial intelligence, nobody knows what the future of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry will be in the next five to 10 years, according to Christina Concepcion, President and CEO of Makati City-based BPO International. Concepcion said the only certainty is that automation is going to change the way people work. She classified automation as today’s biggest threat to the BPO industry, one that could potentially lead to the loss of a million jobs for Filipinos. To prevent the loss of jobs, Concepcion underscored the value of investing in education and for the academe to produce graduates who have strong problem-solving and design skills.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information