Privately-held outsourcing services provider GC Services, which has more than 30 call centers in the US and one in the Philippines, has announced plans to cut its workforce at its Knoxville office between March 22 and April 5. The lay-offs, according to a Knox News report, will affect 89 people. The report did not reveal whether these layoffs indicate the closure of its entire facility in Northgate Plaza Shopping Center. GC employs about 8,500 people at its call centers in the US and the Philippines. It functions as a collection agency for organizations such as banks, governments, stores, phone companies, and utility companies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information