The total sourcing market posted a record USD9.5bn in Q3 of this year, according to the Q3 2016 ISG Index released by Information Services Group (ISG). The strong Q3 performance of the market was attributed to the steady gains in traditional sourcing and record-high value in the as-a-service segment. Traditional sourcing annual contract value (ACV) reached USD5.8bn, up 5% from the previous quarter, while the as-a-service segment jumped 20% to USD3.7bn. The total USD9.5bn global sourcing market value was the highest since 2014. For the first nine months of 2016, the combined market, with ACV of USD28.2bn, was up 16%versus the same period in 2015.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information