The Philippines government aims to create 1.2 million jobs a year to achieve its goal of generating 7.2 million jobs within the next six years. The target of 1.2 million jobs a year could be achieved with construction, manufacturing, aeronautics and information technology-business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) as the main drivers, according to Labor Undersecretary Dominador Say. The Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines expects the IT-BPM sector to generate up to USD39bn in revenue, adding a million direct jobs by 2022. Say said the Labor department will coordinate with other government and private industries to determine the jobs available.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information