US-headquartered business process outsourcing (BPO) companies operating in Davao are on a wait-and-see mode on how the Trump presidency will affect the overall industry in the Philippines. According to Information and Communications Technology-Davao president Samuel Matunog, US-based BPO companies operating in Davao have actually been expanding their operations, although he said that the Trump presidency will have an impact on the sector. The majority of the BPO companies operating in the Philippines currently cater to the US market, he said. Industry leaders earlier said it will not be easy for American outsourcing companies to pull out of the Philippines, citing the country’s cheap labor rates and highly skilled, English-proficient workforce.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information