The Philippine government through the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) will be outsourcing cybersecurity services to private firms. DICT Assistant Secretary for Cybersecurity and Enabling Technologies Allan S. Cabanlog said the move is in line with the agency’s five-year National Cybersecurity Plan (NCSP). The DICT official admitted that there are only a few Filipino cybersecurity experts in the country. He added the department is also looking at tapping local and foreign managed service providers who can provide the needed technology and technical know-how necessary to achieve its goal of fortifying the country’s cybersecurity defenses.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information