A group of investors has recently acquired holding firm Alterra Capital Partners as part of its plan to put up a genomics business process outsourcing (BPO) hub in the Philippines. In a disclosure to the Philippine Stock Exchange, Alterra said it has agreed to sell 67% of the company to Genomics Inc and Hector Thomas Navasero for P362.32 million. Navasero is chairman and CEO of Philab Industries, which is planning to build a genomics BPO business. Philab’s genomic BPO will be put up in the new Philippine Economic Zone Authority-accredited site in UP Los Baños. Genomics is the study of the entire set of genes found in living things, including humans, plants, animals, and even viruses. The sale will effectively transfer control of the company to the buyers.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information