Global software giant Infosys said cybersecurity, big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) are among the top technologies employed by healthcare and life sciences firms across the world. According to the healthcare companies surveyed, investing in technologies like Big Data analytics for predicting risk and onset of health problems and remote hospital-like care delivery were some of the most reported trends for the next three years. The survey covered companies from seven countries around the world, although, aside from India, Infosys did not name the other countries and firms that took part in it. By 2019, USD75bn will be spent worldwide on IT related to the remote delivery of healthcare through video conferencing, mobile, e-mail, etc, according to Infosys.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information