The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry of Iloilo City needs more basic office infrastructure to service outsourcing firms, according to Mayor Jose Espinosa III. He cited Hinduja Global Solutions (HGS) as an example of a BPO firm that recently set up in the city, but whose officials now say they need more space to continue expanding. There are also investors from Australia and Canada that are looking for appropriate buildings for their call center companies, the mayor added. Espinosa urged local businessmen, who own 80% of the city’s commercial land, to invest more in buildings that suit the requirements of BPO investors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information