IBM has confirmed signing a 10-year agreement with UK-headquartered Lloyds Banking Group to provide cloud services. IBM will provide both dedicated hosting on cloud data centers in the UK and will also manage application migration services where the cloud transition is expected to take three years. With this development, employees of Lloyd’s infrastructure technology group supporting systems will transition over to IBM. But staff that support the relationship, service, and governance of IBM will remain at Lloyds, as the company positions to offer scalable and up-to-date technology on demand.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information