Members of the Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) were reportedly unhappy with the latest development involving the accreditation of online gambling firms in the Philippines. This, after the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) said online gambling firms may stay within PEZA premises as long as they are accredited by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation. It was in April when PEZA announced the ban on online gambling firms within their sites, with no exception. IBPAP has long been against online gambling companies to operate in the country. PEZA did not state the reason for overturning the total ban order.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information