While acknowledging the problem on job-skill mismatch in the Philippines, the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has teamed up with networking site LinkedIn to find solutions to the mismatch between skills and actual jobs in market. LinkedIn will provide windows of opportunity for employers to peek into the skills of its Filipino members, according to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III. Bello said the Philippines is currently one of Asia’s fastest growing economies, but this can only be maintained if companies find the right talent and skill to foster business growth. LinkedIn, he added, is helping bridge this gap and support local businesses by effectively connecting talent and skill with the right opportunities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information