The Information Technology and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) has expressed optimism that a third telecommunications player will be approved soon. The entry of the third player will contribute to the IT-BPM industry’s further growth, said Genny Inocencio-Marcial, executive director for external affairs of IBPAP. She added that competition would make the whole telecommunication environment as a service sector more competitive. The Philippines’ data and voice services are reportedly among Asia-Pacific’s slowest and most intermittent, prompting President Rodrigo Duterte to warn existing providers to shape up or face new competition.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information