The Davao Regional Development Plan for 2017-2022 includes recommendations for the IT-BPM industry to be revitalised, and the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council of Davao has urged the government to look into the recommendations. ICT Davao president Samuel Matunog made the call as he said that the group welcomes the entry of a third telecommunications player. ICT Davao serves as the umbrella organization of all information and communication technology groups in Davao City. Matunog said the entry of a third telecoms provider is a good beginning to solve the poor broadband penetration problems, and a slow and expensive service.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information