Lawyer Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, a strong advocate of Information Communication Technology (ICT) for countryside development, is seeking the mayoralty post in Bacolod City. Sigue will be running against long-time politician and incumbent mayor, Evelio Leonardia. Before becoming a staunch ICT advocate, Sigue was a former city councilor. After passing the Bar examinations in 1998, Sigue taught law at the University of St. La Salle in Bacolod while at the same time practicing private law. Her most important work was in the ICT sector, particularly in co-founding the Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for ICT and the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP). Sigue promoted countryside digital development and investment in the provinces through NICP, a national organization of local ICT councils.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information