Jocelle Batapa-Sigue, vice president of the National Information and Communication Council of the Philippines (NICP), said that ICT empowerment helps to promote the skills needed for successful job hunting. Batapa-Sigue, who was in Borongan City, Samar for the Capacity Development Workshop, also referred to the top ten skills job hunters need to land a job, as identified by the World Economic Forum. These skills include complex problem solving, critical thinking, creativity, people management, coordinating with others, emotional intelligence, judgement and decision making, service orientation, negotiation, and cognitive flexibility. She said these skills can be learned by being exposed to different challenges while on the job. The Capacity Development Workshop held at the St. Mary’s College Function Hall was attended by ICT advocates who want to create the Borongan ICT Council.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information