Business leaders in Iloilo City are hoping that the new government will keep tourism and business process outsourcing (BPO) among the priority industries. Iloilo Business Club Executive Director Lea E. Lara said traders in the city are hoping that presumptive president-elect Rodrigo R. Duterte will keep both sectors as priority industries because local businesses are benefiting from them. The club director also dismissed fears that a Duterte leadership will be bad for businesses. She expressed confidence that the new president will be able to do for the country what he has done for Davao in terms of good governance and business friendliness.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information