A number of Indian IT and outsourcing companies have pledged to invest further in the Philippines as part of the USD1.25bn worth of investment commitments that the Philippine government generated during President Rodrigo Duterte’s recent visit to India. Among the projects mooted Interglobe Technologies is building one or two more business process outsourcing centers in the Philippines, which are expected to create thousands of jobs. KG Information Systems plans to start operations in the country while Hinduja Global Solutions also plans to expand its operations with two to four additional sites. Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez said a bulk of the USD1.25bn investment pledges from India will be coming from the IT-BPM sector.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information