Infosys has just completed agreeing contracts with Verizon for nearly US$1 billion, making it the biggest deal to be won by the company. In September 2018, Infosys first signed a deal with Verizon amounting to about US$700 million to which additional deals were added worth US$250 million, making the total contract value so far US$950 million. The deal is an important milestone for Infosys, which has undergone some major management changes, and shows the extent to which customer confidence has returned to place it back in the top tier of Indian outsourced IT services firms. Recently, TCS has also won several US$1 billion-plus deals, including contracts from US insurer Transamerica, TV ratings company Nielsen, and Scottish Windows, which is a life insurer and pension subsidiary of Lloyds Banking Group. Last year, Wipro also won a US$1.5 billion deal with Alight Solutions of Illinois, USA.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information