Infosys Ltd reported a 1.4% rise in its fiscal first-quarter net profit as it grapples with a changing technological landscape and increased focus on its use of skilled-worker visas in the US. India’s second-largest outsourcer by sales said profit in the three months ended 30 June Rs34.83bn (USD540m) compared with Rs34.36bn a year earlier. That was marginally higher than the Rs34.44bn projected by analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters. Revenue grew 1.8% to Rs170.78bn. The Bangalore-based company maintained its projection that revenue for the current financial year, which ends 31 March 2018, will grow between 6.5% and 8.5% in constant currency terms.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information