Indian information technology giants TCS and Infosys have joined a global drive for tech reskilling of one million workers in the first such IT industry initiative. The exercise, whose founding partners also include Accenture, CA Technologies, Cisco, Cognizant, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Pegasystems, PwC, Salesforce and SAP, aims to bring competitive training content on one platform to serve the greater good. The initiative targets 1 million people by January 2021 for training and resource opportunities on the World Economic Forum (WEF) SkillSET portal. The IT Industry Skills Initiative was launched in Davos, Switzerland by the WEF to meet the global skills gap challenge and address job displacement arising from automation and the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information