Philippine telco and digital services provider PLDT and its wireless subsidiary Smart Communications have partnered with Amdocs for an IT outsourcing deal worth over USD300m. Amdocs, a global provider of software and services to communications and media firms, will upgrade and manage business technology systems serving PLDT and Smart customers. Amdocs will integrate artificial intelligence, machine learning and other advanced technologies in the digital upgrade that will cost USD300m over seven years. PLDT Chairman and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan said the outsourcing deal is a key component of PLDT’s transformation. Affected staff from PLDT’s and Smart’s IT units will be offered career opportunities in Amdocs as regular employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information