India IT and outsourcing giant Infosys continues with its hiring spree in the US, this time adding 2,000 tech jobs in North Carolina over the next few years. The move is part of the company’s efforts to woo the administration of US President Donald Trump, who has been critical of outsourcing firms. The company has been expanding its local hiring in the US as it battles visa curbs imposed by the Trump administration. In a statement, Infosys said it will open its next technology and innovation hub in North Carolina and hire 2,000 American workers in the state by 2021. The North American market accounted for over 60% of Infosys’ USD10.2bn revenue in the 2016-17 fiscal.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information