Investors in the IT-business process management sector are now more concerned with security and safety issues in the Philippines than worried about the policies of US President Donald Trump. This was revealed by Rey Untal, president and CEO of the IT-Business Process Association of the Philippines, who added that concerns on security and safety have become a regular question from investors interested in the country. The concern is to be expected due to the continuing events in Marawi City and the recent Resorts World incident, Untal said. He also said discussions on security and safety cannot be ignored, but he is hoping that the problem is only temporary and once settled and the industry can go back to attracting new business.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information