Outsourcing revenues are expected to increase 16% to USD25bn this year, higher than the remittances from Filipinos working overseas, an economist at ING Bank Manila said. The combined remittances and BPO revenues this year will hit USD47bn, according to ING Bank Manila senior economist Joey Cuyegkeng, of which remittances from Filipinos working abroad will account for USD22bn. With the two inflows combined, Cuyegkeng said the country’s external strength will be sustained this year and moderate any externally-driven weaknesses for Asian currencies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information