ING Business Shared Services is expanding further in the Philippines with plans to hire 200 more Filipinos this year. The new hires will bring the company’s manpower from 250 people in 2013 to 700 this year. The company, a unit of ING Bank N.V. Manila, said it wants to go to higher value services, incorporating financial analysis, interpretation of results, risk management, among others. The company has also moved to a new, bigger facility in preparation for the migration to higher value services, said ING Business Shared Services chief executive Cees Ovelgonne. The shared services unit provides support to ING banking and finance operations in 40 countries.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information