American business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Intelegencia has entered into a deal to acquire Manila-based BPO firm Microtech Global Solutions for an undisclosed amount. Intelegencia, a market research firm that provides data analytics, knowledge process outsourcing and IT support services, said its acquisition of Microtech will expand its BPO portfolio to now offer 24/7 business process continuity. Microtech provides to its customers both voice and non-voice support, with voice services that include customer care, inside sales, lead generation and helpdesk/tech support. Its non-voice offerings include data entry, email and finance/accounting back office services. Microtech’s Founder and CEO Mico Areglado will assume the role of country head for Intelegencia Philippines following the acquisition. Intelegencia started its operations in March 2009.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information