India’s fair competition watchdog has approved the acquisition of Mumbai-based business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Intelenet by French outsourcing firm Teleperformance. In a tweet, the Competition Commission of India confirmed that it has given its approval for the acquisition of Intelenet BPO and Intelenet Global Services by Dutch Contact Centers, a subsidiary of Teleperformance. Teleperformance beat other bidders to acquire Intelenet, owned by Blackstone, with a US$1 billion offer. This will be the second largest India-focused transaction for Teleperformance in recent years, having acquired parts of Essar Group’s BPO business in 2014. Founded in 2000, Intelenet, currently headed by Bhupender Singh as the CEO, employs more than 55,000 people across eight countries, including the US, UK, India and the Philippines. According to Teleperformance, the deal is expected to close by September this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information