With new technology replacing jobs at a rapid pace, many information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) companies are giving priority to reskilling employees. Instead of firing those affected by automation and then hiring new people for complex work, many companies in the IT-BPM sector are reskilling their employees to remain relevant. Everest Group managing partner of research Eric Simonson said there will be job losses in the repetitive, rules-based work, leaving the complex work with higher-order skills requirement. Contact Center Association of the Philippines Joselito Uligan said contact-center workers should be first in line for retooling skill sets as their work will be the ones vulnerable to automation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information