Software major Infosys is opening an innovation hub in Indiana and will hire 2,000 workers, with plans to set up many more such hubs in the US, Infosys non-executive chairman Nandan Nilekani said. Nilekani said Infosys was using its infrastructure in capacity building for the future. The Bengaluru-based IT major will replicate its Indian model of hiring thousands of fresh graduates from campuses and then training and deploying them on projects for customers, in the US. Nilekani, who returned at the helm of India’s second-largest IT services company in August, said the company would look to create more innovation hubs beginning with Indiana and use its deep capabilities in training to educate local people in new technologies.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information