The company owned by the Philippines’ richest man, Manuel Villar Jr., will soon provide high-speed fixed internet access across the country. The former senator’s company has already applied for a certificate of public convenience and necessity (CPCN) at the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC) for permission to roll out the broadband service nationwide. The ex-senator’s son, Manuel Paolo Villar, said they will prioritize half a million homes constructed by Vista Land & Lifescapes Inc., the flagship real estate company founded by their father. The Villars currently offer fixed-line internet access in limited locations under the Planet Cable brand. Aside from offering fixed-line internet services, the Villars are also looking at engaging in the mobile telco business as cell tower builders or operators. Their plan is in line with a Department of Information and Communications Technology project to build at least 50,000 new telco structures to increase the country’s current 17,000 structures managed by PLDT Inc. and Globe Telecom.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information