The country’s information technology – business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) sector is forecast to create a total of 1.3 million jobs in the period 2013-2016, according to a recent study. The study entitled “Policy Framework for Improving Labour Market Efficiency Through More Effective Job Skills Matching in the Philippines” was conducted by the International Labour Organization, Bureau of Employers Activities, and the Employers Confederation of the Philippines. The study noted that the forecast employment impact of various sectors for the period 2013-2016. Based on the forecast, the country’s tourism sector continues to be the top employer in the country with a total of 2.5 million jobs this year. Tourism is followed by IT-BPO’s projected 1.3 million jobs. Electronics (350,000), food processing (144,000), chemicals (83,000), are among the other top sectors in terms of job creation during the specified period.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information